1. Using the GeneAware blood or saliva kit, collect specimen in provided receptacle as indicated:
Specimen Type: Blood
Requirements: Draw 4 cc blood in the EDTA (purple-top) tube(s) (included in the GeneAware blood kit).
Shipping Conditions: Ship at room temperature by overnight courier; do not heat or freeze. Specimen should arrive in the laboratory within 5 days of collection.
Specimen Type: Saliva
Requirements: Collect saliva using the OrageneDX kit (the OrageneDX kit and instructions are included in the GeneAware saliva kit).
Shipping Conditions: Ship at room temperature by overnight courier; do not heat or freeze.
2. Label the receptacle with patient name and date of birth above barcode (two unique patient identifiers are required) and seal with the provided plastic paraffin film.
3. For blood samples, place the receptacle in the styrofoam cutout provided in the GeneAware kit. For saliva samples, place the receptacle in the plastic OrageneDX packaging.
4. Place receptacle and absorbent material into the provided plastic biohazard bag and seal.
5. Place sealed biohazard bag with completed requisition (or printed shipping manifest if online order) into shipping kit.
6. Place shipping kit into FedEx UN 3373 Clinical Pak provided inside the kit. The Clinical Pak is pre-affixed with a pre-paid FedEx airbill for shipment of domestic samples only.
7. Ship specimen(s) by FedEx Overnight to the following address: